Here’s a demo of a login system built using Ajax. This is a cool implementation which allows a user to login, without having to refresh the page. Here are some advantages of the noted by author of the code:
- User does not need to refresh the page to login.
- User is notified instantly on incorrect username/password combination.
- Overall user experience is more seamless.
- Password is not sent in plain text ever (more secure than traditional system).
- Uses one-time use random seed to hash the password before sending (making interceptions useless)
Source code for the login form is also available on the site.